Trump’s inaugural committee raised a record $106.7 million – here’s who donated
Major corporations and business giants fueled a record fundraising haul with regard to President Donald Trump ‘s inauguration in January, according to newly released disclosures.
The president’s inaugural committee raised $106. 7 mil, about double what was raised meant for President Barack Obama’s 2009 inauguration, a Federal Election Commission filing displays. The biggest chunk of that haul originated from casino magnate and major Conservative donor Sheldon Adelson, who led $5 million.
The particular inauguration festivities took place on the weekend break of Jan. 20, and many best donors got access to Trump plus top administration officials. The contributor did not need to be disclosed until ninety days after the inauguration.
Contributor who gave more than $1 million, for example, received tickets to a luncheon along with Cabinet appointees and congressional market leaders. Contributors who chipped in $250, 000 could attend a supper with Vice President Mike Pence and his wife, Karen.
Here are other notable contributors, including huge corporations and wealthy people. The contributors are based on an initial CNBC review of the filings. Donations seemed to come in sums as small as $50 so that as large as $5 million.
- Telecom giant AT& T gave a lot more than $2 million for the event. Section of the sum was listed as an in-kind payment for mobile equipment plus software.
- Financial businesses showed up frequently in the filing. Financial institution of America provided $1 million, while JPMorgan Chase and American Financial Team gave $500, 500 each. Shares of banks possess performed well since Trump’s selection, partly due to his pledges in order to roll back regulations on the monetary industry.
- Energy businesses, which Trump has pledged in order to empower through his efforts in order to roll back environmental regulations, furthermore gave heavily to his inaugural committee. Chevron Products contributed $525, 000, Citgo Petroleum gave $250, 000, Exxon chipped in $250, 000 and Murray Energy provided $300, 000. Anadarko Petroleum plus Continental Resource gave $100, 1000 each.
- Technology businesses also show up on the report. Microsof company gave $500, 000, part of that is listed as an in-kind contribution pertaining to equipment. Intel contributed $500, 500, while Google gave $285, 500.
- Businesses that Trump has publicly criticized also produced major contributions to the inaugural panel. Boeing, which the president has belittled for the cost of its Air Power One contract, gave $1 million. Common Motors, which Trump has reprehended for putting some of its creation outside of the United States, gave $498, 650, partly in-kind contributions for automobile expenses.
- Individual company and investing giants also offered huge contributions to the inauguration. Hedge fund manager Steven A. Cohen gave $1 million, as did Robert Mercer, a major Republican donor. Stephen Schwarzman, Blackstone CEO and leader of Trump’s business council, led $250, 000. John Paulson, the hedge fund manager and Trump campaign advisor, also donated $250, 000. Another hedge fund supervisor, Kenneth Griffin, gave $100, 500.
- Sports team proprietors also had a major role in financing Trump’s inauguration. Kraft Group, launched by New England Patriots proprietor Robert Kraft, gave $1 million. The particular team will visit the White Home later Wednesday to celebrate the Super Bowl win. House Texans owner Robert McNair gave $1,000,000. The Madison Square Garden Corporation, which owns the New York Knicks and New York Rangers, also added $1 million.