This Week’s Most Spectacular Earnings Charts
Third quarter earnings season really picks up this week with about 200 companies reporting. Many of them will be large cap companies, with some being Dow Industrial components.
The large cap stocks have been the hottest part of the market for the last few years. These 5 charts are the most spectacular ones this week.
It’s not easy to beat nearly every quarter for 5 years but several of these companies have done just that and the others are darn close to doing it too.
It takes more than just finessing an earnings number to have this kind of track record. Over five years, a lot can go wrong in a quarter.
But will these 5 continue with their hot streaks?
5 Stocks with Spectacular Earnings Charts
1. Johnson & Johnson JNJ has beat every quarter for more than 5 years. Shares are trading at just 16x. Is it time to buy into one of the oldest names in healthcare?
2. Unitedhealth Group UNH has the best chart of the week. Not only hasn’t it missed in 5 years but shares are still trading near 5-year highs. Can it continue to outperform?
3. Domino’s DPZ has beat on the estimate 9 quarters in a row. Despite the recent stock market sell off, shares continue to hold near their 5-year high. It has one of the best same-store-sales comparables in the restaurant industry but it’s going to be hard to beat last year’s hot sales. Will it finally falter this quarter?
4. Netflix NFLX is up 65% year-to-date despite the recent market sell off. It’s been one of the hottest stocks for the last 2 years. However, it’s now trading at 127x earnings. Is the premium worth it?
5. Lam Research LRCX also hasn’t missed in 5 years. That’s impressive. But shares have come down off their 2018 highs on fears of the end of the semiconductor cycle. Shares are down 25% year-to-date. Is this a buying opportunity?
The Hottest Tech Mega-Trend of All
Last year, it generated $8 billion in global revenues. By 2020, it’s predicted to blast through the roof to $47 billion. Famed investor Mark Cuban says it will produce “the world’s first trillionaires,” but that should still leave plenty of money for regular investors who make the right trades early.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Netflix, Inc. (NFLX): Free Stock Analysis Report
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): Free Stock Analysis Report
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (UNH): Free Stock Analysis Report
Domino’s Pizza Inc (DPZ): Free Stock Analysis Report
Lam Research Corporation (LRCX): Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research